Altendorf and Hebrock’s first joint appearance at the world stage
Cover photo caption: Interesting new products and technical enhancements were showcased at LIGNA 2019
The Altendorf Group titled this year’s trade fair appearance as the “world premiere at the LIGNA”. This was certainly the case as two internationally successful machine manufacturers for the panel-processing trade – Altendorf sliding table saws and Hebrock edge-banding machines – appeared jointly for the first time under the Group’s umbrella. The Group’s shared mission is to work together and achieve one goal: to provide skilled trades with future-proof technology on an international and cross-cultural basis. With this in mind, interesting new products and technical enhancements were showcased at LIGNA 2019.
Altendorf sliding table saw improvements
- Remote maintenance – service support directly from the manufacturer
When it comes to machine maintenance, the Group intends to create a closer connection to its customers. With remote maintenance, it can provide immediate support for newer machines in the Altendorf Group product line-up. For Altendorf, this involves F 45 EvoDrive or ElmoDrive type machines produced during or after 06/2015 with a corresponding software update and a network cable upgrade. With the help of software, the support team can gain direct access to the user’s machine and check the control system, eliminate sources of errors and adjust settings. This support is designed to further reduce downtimes in future.
- Safety is the highest priority – preventing accidents from happening in the first place
An accident-avoidance idea that is designed to eliminate the flaws of past safety systems was presented during LIGNA. The Altendorf safety assistant draws technologically on hand recognition with the help of a 3D camera to prevent false activations and accidents.
- PALIN – now available as an additional workpiece support – Used in combination with the crosscut fence, the PALIN allows you to cut parallel and conical workpieces on the sliding table. By butting against the side of the workpiece, differing lengths can be cut quickly and precisely without having to move the PALIN. The system has now been enhanced with a new feature: By folding the measuring system away, the PALIN also serves as an additional workpiece support.
- Parallelogram cross slides (PQS) – positioning without change – The fence rule arranged in the centre allows the workpiece to be positioned at the front and the rear. The two adjustable supports ensure secure support. Also for motorised flip stops (PQS UNO Flex): The narrow design with centre-arranged fence rule means the material can be positioned at the front and the rear without having to change the rule.
- DUPLEX double-sided mitre fence – easier handling. – With no more than 17 kg, all DUPLEX models now have improved handling. DUPLEX fences enable bevel cuts at any angle between 0 and 90° very quickly, precisely and variably. Set it to 45° and a mitre cut can be made on both sides of the workpiece without further adjustments. Dimensions of the flip stops are set using a measuring scale and magnifier. All DUPLEX fences can be positioned anywhere along the entire length of the table.
- Manual clamps – improved mechanics – The manual clamp is the alternative to a pneumatic solution. The manual clamp can be positioned on the sliding table and is equally easy to fix into position.
- Pneumatic hold-down bars – even more user friendly – Pneumatic hold-down bars – an ideal solution for securely retaining workpieces of up to 80 mm thickness and particularly useful for work with long and thin materials such as veneers – can now be controlled separately at the rear and front position.
Improved Hebrock edge-banding machines Reworked product lines – timeless machine design in form and function
The edge-banding machines made by Hebrock now share the look of the Altendorf Group: The multi-awarding winning machine design of Altendorf sliding table saws were integrated into the edge-banding machines made by Hebrock. All machines with the new design were showcased for the first time at LIGNA 2019. The machine design is not just limited to appearance. It can also be clearly seen in the machines’ control systems.
- Tilted position infeed fence – Thanks to the extremely stiff construction style, even higher quality results can be produced.
- Fluid level monitoring of the glue pot – This new improvement prevents unseen draining of the glue pot. The user will be notified if the fluid level falls below the minimum amount.
- LED machine illumination – The view of the process area i mproves process control thanks to energy-saving LED illumination.
- Multi-radius profile scraper – Two different radii (R1/R2) on the machine shorten setup time.
- Barcode scanner – With the barcode scanner built into the control unit, processes can be improved in all machines and incorrect entries prevented.