MOSO® AND GRAD
Photo Caption: GRAD, the new generation terrace brand, combine their expertise to offer a complete turnkey wooden terrace solution
A unique solution for the new generation of bamboo terraces
Moso International B.V., pioneer of innovative bamboo solutions for indoor and outdoor use, and GRAD, the new generation terrace brand, combine their expertise to offer a complete turnkey wooden terrace solution, based on the unique and patented ‘Grad System’ installation system and the bamboo decking board, MOSO® Bamboo X-treme®.
GRAD, a revolution in terrace constructions has developed a unique installation system to simplify the installation and dismantling of terraces. This major innovation in the field of decking construction is based on a patented technical principle: aluminium rails with 4 profiles of different heights, all pre-equipped with GRAD clips for decking.
The system guarantees a deck with invisible clips for the most aesthetic and durable result.
The system offers many advantages:
- Straight and precise – the pre-assembly of the clips on the rails is carried out at GRAD.
- Fast – just align the clips, level and clip the boards.
- Improved decking durability – no contact between the decking boards and the joists, guaranteed ventilation gaps between boards, no screws and therefore no water infiltration in the material.
- Convenient – the decking is 100% removable, using a simple key.
The result: an elegant deck without visible fastening, perfect ventilation distances, high quality materials and a structural guarantee of up to 30 years. The proven system celebrates its 13th anniversary and more than 1,200,000 m² of terraces are installed with the GRAD system.
Moso bamboo is a fast-growing and highly resistant Chinese bamboo species. MOSO® uses a unique production process combining heat treatment at 200°C with very high density to increase the hardness and stability. This double treatment makes the bamboo suitable for outdoor applications like decking. MOSO® Bamboo X-treme® can also be used in many outdoor applications, such as cladding and shutters. Like tropical woods, MOSO® Bamboo X-treme® deck will colour-fade and gradually turn grey, giving it a very natural look.
Bamboo X-treme® has excellent properties:
- Durability: Use Class 4 (EN335) – Biological Durability Class 1 (EN350)
- Strength and hardness: extremely high density of 1,150 kg/m3 – Brinell hardness >9.5kg/mm²
- Stability: very low expansion coefficient
- Fireproof: fire resistance Class Bfl-s1-d0 for decking
- Ecological: proven CO2 neutral, offers additional LEED and BREEAM credits
- Multiple applications: decking, cladding, street furniture, pergola, blinds, screens, shutters and more
l Low maintenance